Export items to a new project
You can select specific items in your NVivo project and export them to a new project (in the Windows or Mac format)—this can be useful when you want to share only a specific portion or aspect of your NVivo project.
To merge projects, you need to open one project and import from another. Merge projects or import items from another project
You can also export using the REFI-QDA Standard to a .qdpx file. REFI-QDA Standard for project exchange
Export selected items to a new project
- Open the project that contains the items you want to export.
- On the Share tab, in the Project group, click Export Project.
- Click Select and then choose the items you want to export on the Select Project Items dialog box.
- (Optional) Select the Include related data check box if you want to include annotations, 'see-also' links and other related data.
- Under Export to, choose the format for the new project, then select the location and file name for the new project and then click Save.
TIP For an NVivo Collaboration Server project, select the server name from the Connection name box, and then enter a name for the new project in the Project name box.
- Click OK.
If you are exporting a large project, the export may take a few minutes. If you are exporting to the Mac project format (.nvpx), it will take longer because the project is also converted as part of the export process. You can monitor the progress of your export in the Status bar at the bottom of the NVivo window.
- To export to the Mac project format (.nvpx), project, you need a project converter. If the project converter is not already installed, it will be downloaded and installed automatically. The download may take more than a few minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- The Connection name box is empty if you have not set up any NVivo Collaboration Server connections—click the Add button to create a new connection.
- If you cannot select NVivo (Release 1.2) (Windows) Projects (*.nvp) or NVivo (Release 1.2) (Mac) Projects (*.nvpx), check your connections. You need a standalone connection to create a new project on your computer.