myNVivo is an online account system for NVivo and its associated cloud modules: Collaboration Cloud, NVivo - Integration and Transcription. Purchasers and most users of these products must have a myNVivo profile and account (see myNVivo profiles and accounts below).
Use the myNVivo portal (portal.myNvivo.com) to:
- Buy or renew subscriptions to NVivo and the NVivo modules. You can also buy Transcription pay-as-you-go credits.
- View your current subscriptions.
- Manage your myNVivo account, with access to view your purchase history and invoices, and set payment details.
- Enrol in training courses from NVivo Academy.
- Download NVivo software.
Also use the portal to assign seats for multi-seat or enterprise licenses or subscriptions:
- Manage non-enterprise multi-user licenses or subscriptions Manage multiple licenses (non-enterprise).
- Manage enterprise (ELA) licenses for NVivo Enterprise deployment – NVivo
- Manage enterprise (ELA) subscriptions for Collaboration Cloud and Transcription Enterprise deployment – Collaboration Cloud & Transcription
See detailed instructions for using the myNVivo portal here myNVivo portal.
Sections below explain:
- what myNVivo profiles and accounts are and how they work myNVivo profiles and accounts
- how myNVivo works in the NVivo app NVivo and myNVivo
myNVivo profiles and accounts are different:
Profiles: Profiles identify individual users or organizations. They consist of just an email address, user name and password. Use them to log into the myNVivo portal (to make purchases and manage accounts), the NVivo app, and NVivo modules.
You must have a profile (and account) to use any of the NVivo modules. Most NVivo app users also require a profile, however some may access NVivo on their organization's computers and only require access rights to the computers.
- Accounts: Accounts are used to buy product subscriptions and licenses and Transcription pay-as-you-go credits. They include postal and billing addresses, details such as company name and business sector, and payment details.
Profiles can have more than one account associated with them. For example, a user may have bought NVivo using a personal account, but then have been invited to use Collaboration Cloud under a license purchased by a colleague (using the colleague's account). When this user logs into myNVivo or any NVivo product with their profile credentials they must choose which account to use. In this case they will activate their installation of NVivo using their personal account (which has the NVivo license), but change to their colleague's account when they want to use Collaboration Cloud.
Most NVivo users require a myNVivo account to activate their installations of NVivo (see exception in note below).
After installing the app, the first time you run NVivo it prompts you to log into your myNVivo account. If there is a valid license in the account then the installation is automatically activated using that license. Activate your license
NOTE Your institution may install and activate NVivo on its computers for you. If you have user rights to the computers then you can run NVivo without logging into myNVivo. It is still possible to log into myNVivo on these computers and you must do so if you want to use any of the NVivo modules.
After activation, NVivo opens logged into the myNVivo account that was used to activate it. Your login details are shown
The account you are logged into in the NVivo app does not affect the operation of the app, however, the account is used if you open any of the NVivo modules from the app.
NOTE You can operate NVivo without being logged in, for example, if you don't have internet connection. However, you must be logged into an account with a valid license to use any of the NVivo modules.
You can change the account that you are using in order to log into an NVivo module. For example, you might have a personal account with a license for NVivo Transcription and a university account with a license for Collaboration Cloud. In this case you would need to change the account you're logged in with in NVivo each time you want to access either of the modules.
IMPORTANT To change accounts you must close all projects and use the
You can also log out and log in again with another myNVivo profile, giving access to accounts associated with the new profile.
NOTE The profile and account that you are logged into NVivo with does not affect activation—NVivo continues to use the license you selected when you first activated the installation, no matter which profile and account combination you log in with.
You can change the license that an installation is activated against if you want—you need to de-activate the installation and then re-activate—see Reactivate NVivo to use a new license