Installing NCapture for Internet Explorer
If you have NVivo installed, NCapture may have already been installed on your computer as part of the installation of NVivo. If not, you can manually install it. You need Internet Explorer Version 11 to use NCapture for Internet Explorer.
You do not need to have NVivo installed to use NCapture. For example, you can ask a research assistant who does not have NVivo to install NCapture and gather Tweets. They can send the NCapture files (.nvcx) to you to import into your NVivo project.
Check if NCapture for Internet Explorer is installed and enabled
- In Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and click Manage Add-ons.
- Check whether NCapture for NVivo is included in the list. If not, you will need to install it.
- If it is in the list, but disabled, click on it to open its details in the bottom of the dialog box.
- Click the Enable button.
NOTE If you cannot see the Tools menu because the Command bar has been hidden, you will need to show the command bar—refer to Internet Explorer help for more information.
Install NCapture for Internet Explorer
- Download the NCapture for Internet Explorer extension.
- When prompted, click Run.
- Follow the prompts to start the installation.