and repair projects
Over time, NVivo project data on your computer or NVivo for Teams can become fragmented. If you are working with a large project, data fragmentation can cause performance problems in NVivo.
To ensure optimal performance, you should
To compact and repair a project
- If the project is currently open, close the project.
- Click the File tab, click Help, and then click Compact and Repair Project.
- Locate and select the project you want to compact and repair. Select NVivo Projects (*.nvp ) to repair a standalone project, or select NVivo Server Projects to repair an NVivo for Teams project.
- Click Open.
- If there are inconsistencies in your project, you will see a dialog box detailing this and asking if you wish to proceed or cancel the operation. You might want to make a backup copy of your project before clicking Yes to proceed. Save and copy projects
- If you want to compact and repair an NVivo for Teams project, it is a good idea to make sure that other users are not connected to the project. If other users are connected, you will receive a message indicating that there are other connections. If you choose to proceed, the other users will be disconnected from the project without warning.
- If you select an NVivo 11, NVivo 10, NVivo 9, NVivo 8 or NVivo 7 project, the project is copied and converted to create a new project in NVivo 12. The new project is then compacted and repaired—the original project is not changed.
- You must be a Project Owner to compact and repair an NVivo for Teams project. Your NVivo for Teams administrator can also compact and repair Teams projects.
- If you are working with an NVivo for Teams project and experience project performance problems which are not resolved by the 'compact and repair' function, consult your NVivo for Teams administrator.