and repair projects
Over time, project data on your local computer
To ensure optimal performance, you should
Compact and repair a project
- If the project is currently open, close it.
- Click File > Help > Compact and Repair Project.
- Select the project you want to compact and repair. Select NVivo Projects (*.nvp ) for standalone projects, or NVivo Server Projects for NVivo Collaboration Server (previously NVivo for Teams) projects.
- Click Open to start the compact and repair process.
- If you select an earlier version NVivo project (version 7 to 11) to compact and repair, the project is copied and converted to a new NVivo 12 project before compact and repair proceeds—the original project is not changed.
- If the project file is corrupted, you will be asked whether you want to proceed or cancel. We advise creating a backup copy of the project before clicking Yes to proceed. Copy projects
NOTE Compacting Collaboration Server projects
- You must be a project owner or administrator to compact and repair an NVivo Collaboration Server (NVivo for Teams) project.
- Warn other users before starting a compact and repair, otherwise they are disconnected without warning.