You can import Tweets that you have collected with NCapture.
- On the Data tab, in the Import group, click NCapture.
- Select the capture files that you want to import. If you want to import all of the NCapture files in the current location that have not been previously imported into your project, click Select captures not previously imported.
- Click Import. The NCapture files are imported into the current folder location in your project.
Twitter datasets are automatically classified with the file classification 'Reference'. Information (metadata)—for example, URL and Access Date—is stored as attribute values for the file.
Explore Twitter data
- Use the sort or filter functions to see patterns in your data. For example, you can filter Tweets to only show those made by a specific user or during a specific date range.
- Hide columns to limit the amount of data you are looking at—for example, you could hide the Tweet ID and Location columns.
- Manually code Twitter data at nodes representing themes or cases representing people.
- Use automatic coding techniques to perform broad-brush coding of the Tweets.
- Run a Word Frequency query to identify common themes.
- Run a Text Search query to find all instances of a particular word or phrase.
Gather Twitter data over time
Each time you capture Twitter data, a new NCapture file is created. When you import NCapture files into your project, by default, any matching social media datasets are merged together.
To be considered matching, the social media properties of the datasets need to be the same—for example based on the same hashtag search in Twitter.
When matching Twitter datasets are merged, any duplicate content is removed.
For example, imagine that you capture Twitter data for the hashtag #climate on Monday and import the NCapture file into your project. Then, on Tuesday and again on Wednesday you also capture Tweets based on the hashtag #climate. When you import these NCapture files into your project, by default, the Tweets from Tuesday and Wednesday are merged together with the dataset from Monday to create a single dataset.